Here it is, divas, we have reached the final day of 29 Days to Diva! This is my fourth season of this series and I couldn’t love it more. A daily writing project, that often exceeds 1,000 words per post, is no joke. But, each year that I complete this project, I find a groove or flow that is centering and motivating. When we commit to small, actionable changes on a daily basis, incredible success is bound to happen.
Remember back to our Day 3 post in which I opined how long it takes to play a sing game of Monopoly? Doesn’t that become part of the fun that you’ve spent time with others, strategizing, avoiding minefields, and seeing your game through to the finish? No matter the timeframe you’ve chosen to work through these challenges, I want this post to spur you on. I want for your batteries to be charged so you’re ready to illuminate the world around you.
Your Final 29 Days to Diva Challenge for this year is to Tell Yourself Where You’ll Be Next Year.
Think of this as the passing go and collecting $200 on the final turn of our Monopoly game together. You have so much information, from this series and a million other sources, at the ready. You are ready to make moves and win the game.
For today’s challenge, I want you to take a piece of paper. Fold it in two, hot dog style for you ELED teachers out there, and write down the 29 challenges we’ve worked through this month. Here they are for you, to make it easier:
- Day 1 Challenge is to Explore What You’re Taking For Granted.
- Day 2 Challenge is to Study the Rulebook of Your Field.
- Day 3 Challenge is to Commit to the Long Game.
- Day 4 Challenge is to Build Your Own Diva School
- Day 5 Challenge is to Make Stronger Agreements.
- Day 6 Challenge is to Update Your YouTube and SoundCloud Pages.
- Day 7 Challenge is to Brainstorm Tasks You Can Outsource in Your Diva Business.
- Day 8 Challenge is to Decide on a Lead Magnet.
- Day 9 Challenge is to Consider Your “Diva Enterprises Sales Funnel.”
- Day 10 Challenge is to Work for Someone Else.
- Day 11 Challenge is to Make Today a Lucky Day.
- Day 12 Challenge is to Draft the Blueprints for Your Own Batcave.
- Day 13 Challenge is to Write Down Your Valkyrie Training Best Practices.
- Day 14 Challenge is to Make an Opportunity for Someone Else.
- Day 15 Challenge is to Develop Your Recommendation Letter Method and Practice.
- Day 16 Challenge is to Create Your Own Wealth Plan.
- Day 17 Challenge is to Write Your Letter of Interest Templates.
- Day 18 Challenge is to Start a Creativity List.
- Day 19 Challenge is to Introduce Yourself to Someone New.
- Day 20 Challenge is to Identify Your Minefields.
- Day 21 Challenge is to Understand that Quitting is an Option.
- Day 22 Challenge is to Evaluate Your Technique.
- Day 23 Challenge is to Objectively Assess Your Singing Muscle Memory.
- Day 24 Challenge is to be a Kind Professional.
- Day 25 Challenge is to Balance Your Ambition.
- Day 26 Challenge is to Choose Life Experience.
- Day 27 Challenge is to Plant and Tend to Your Fields.
- Day 28 Challenge is to Make a Good Deal.
- Day 29 Challenge is to Tell Yourself Where You’ll Be Next Year.
On the left side of your paper, write down how you are doing in this area currently. On the right side of the paper, write down where you want to be in the same area next year. So, the right column for the final challenge will actually be two years from now. For bonus diva points, flip the page over and create 29 daily, actionable items that you absolutely need to work on in the next 90 days. Remember, the easiest way to see results is to pick the most basic, functional unit of the goal to work on. You know that you can get that done.
There are two ways that I want us to look at this list now. I call them “the 10x version” and “the very next thing” version. These are opposing sides of the goal setting spectrum. But, employing them both makes for some wonderfully productive habits.
The 10x Version
I want you to take all of the goals on the right side of your paper. Those are the ones you said would happen by the time we do 29 Days to Diva next year (well, I suppose back to 28, huh?) This is an idea that comes from the inspirational business mind of Grant Cardone described in his book The 10X Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure. I want you to increase those goals on the right side of the page by a factor of 10. Some of our diva challenges don’t readily translate to quantities that can be multiplied by 10. Be creative in how you envision the 10x version of your goals. Don’t pick what the diva next to you is writing down, unless you want to be directly competing with her on her goals. Compete with the person you are right now for what you could have in the future.
The Very Next Thing Version
Take a look at the left side of your page. This is the area that outlines where are currently in your life and business. Look at each one of these challenges and ask yourself, “what is the very next thing I need to do in this area?”
I particularly like this one when I am in a dark place. I know that we all have them. I am not a singing robot and neither are you. There are times and phases in our lives in which we find it is impossible to get off of the couch. I know that being productive helps me feel better. So, I ask myself, “If I could take one step closer to the light today, what would it be?” When I am in a good place, I make a list of little “next steps” that I can look at and pick any to which I can commit that day.
The idea of working towards my 10x goals, even in the smallest increments, helps me stay close to my purpose in life. Perhaps it helps you stay close to yours too. As my best friend always tells me, “forward motion. That’s it. That’s all you have to do.” I know that I’m moving forward when I’m moving toward the light and the joy in what I do.
So, there it is, divas. I am so happy and lucky to share this road with you. There are not many other communities that are so full of life, radiance, and beauty as we have in ours. Even during the times when we feel like we’re on the outside looking in, it is ours to behold. That is a special thing. Remember, no one takes our voices away from us. We get to use them however we are able. I cannot wait to see and hear how you use yours.
Shouldn’t there be an after-party or something??
Well, join me as a beta-tester for the #DivaSquad! The Diva Squad is an exclusive group of singers who are wishing to connect, learn and share with other like-minded ladies who are ready to supercharge their singing businesses.
“How do you let someone know that you are interested in playing the game? Tell them. No one is going to save you. You will not get knocks on your door or dings in your inbox without putting yourself out there to say, ‘I want to do this! I want to work with you!'”