I want to work with you. I really want to work with you. I want all of my singing materials to suggest that I am the singer for your project, your company, and your production. It is my goal to encourage you to reach out to me about making your dream performance become a reality. Does this sound familiar? Don’t you want all of those things too? Are you able to convert page/profile visits into performance projects? If you want a better process for this exact goal, dear diva, you are looking for a lead magnet.
Your 29 Days to Diva – Day 8 Challenge is to Decide on a Lead Magnet.
Lead magnets, all the rage in the information products sphere, are usually content guides that solve a specific problem for your desired audience in exchange for their email address. This concept has been on my mind for quite a while when it comes to the classical singer world. Now, I am sharing everything I’ve found out with you right here.
The idea behind a lead magnet is that you want to build your email list and get those subscribers into your sales funnel. “Do I even have a sales funnel?” some of you are thinking. Yes! You want visitors to your website to offer you gigs.
Steps to Lead Magnet Awesomeness
First, we have to think about who is coming to our website, who we are marketing to in our newsletters, and what action we want them to take next. Your lead magnet needs to solve a specific issue for your audience and/or provide value to them. A couple of ideas that I’ve been tossing around specifically for singers:
- Free tickets to upcoming performances.
- You could offer the free tickets to every subscriber. Or, a likelier option is to pick a single winner from your subscriber list whenever you have a performance.
- The idea here is that you want people to come to your performances and talk about it! Offering free tickets is valuable to both your subscribers and you!
- “My 5 Minute Audition for You!”
- Make a short video of an AWESOME mock audition and offer it as your opt-in gift.
- Wishing you could audition more often? Make your website an extension of Nola Studios for casting directors to check you out in their pajamas.
In my experience, I decided that I want composers who come to my website to reach out to me about potential projects. I created a “Write for Megan” infographic to give them specific information about my voice and who I am as a singer. Wanna see it? Leave a comment below and I’ll send it your way.
I’d love to hear your creative lead magnet ideas for singers! Leave them in the comments or hit me up on twitter at @mezzoihnen.
Make Your Lead Magnet Available
(Divas, I hope you’re already using an email marketing service since we covered that in the most recent 28 Days to Diva. Need a refresher course? Email me for access.)
Next, to get visitors to sign up for your email list, you’ll need to make subscribing easy and fast. You’ll need to place your opt-in forms strategically to encourage people to sign up. I highly recommend SumoMe for anyone using a self-hosted WordPress site.
The process goes:
- A reader visits your website and sees your super cool lead magnet.
- They decide to opt-in and enter their contact info/email address.
- You set up an autoresponder message via your email marketing service provider to allow your new subscriber access to your lead magnet.
- Your subscriber follows through to enjoy your opt-in gift.
Finally, the most important daily action item from this post is to really think about what the visitors to your website want and need from you. What is the one issue that you specifically solve for your audience? Now, decide how you can offer that in lead magnet form. Your lead magnet is the digital business equivalent to the perfected “come hither” look at a cocktail party. Make it a stunner.
Wanna see an example of my new music singer lead magnet? You just have to comment below and I will have it flying through the interwebz on its way to you. Need more examples? My Diva Audit ebook is available for email subscribers to the Sybaritic Singer.